Sunday, September 16, 2007

Big Boy Undies






I had been telling Sam for weeks that once we got to the end of the nappy box, no more nappies. He seemed ok with it. Finally we got to the end of the box. So no more nappies. We started 2 weeks ago with big boy undies - and so far we have had 5 accidents:

- 1st accident on the first day of big boy undies - late in the afternoon, couldn't be bothered remembering to ask to go to the toilet, I think!
- 2nd accident, on the 2nd day of big boy undies, and same time in the afternoon
- 3rd accident - first poo, didn't really know what to do!
- 4th accident, was knocking on the door (we were at friends) to let him in to the toilet, and no one heard him.
- 5th accident, a touch of the trots - that was GROSS to clean up!!

So, it's actually been really easy! Incredibly easy actually. Ridiculously easy. In fact, he's still been wearing nappies at night, but I really think I can stop that soon too, as his nappy is dry every morning.

I was so worried about him not being toilet trained by now, but this whole thing has made me really glad that I waited until he was ready, and I didn't push it at a younger age. It's been so stress free, that he has just embraced it, and best of all I don't have to deal with accidents every day....and less washing of course which is always a bonus in my books! Now we just need to get rid of that damn dummy!!

So, Sambo this post is for you!! Love you baby....and I'm extremely proud of you kiddo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay sammo!!!