Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Please Explain?

For those of you that don't know us, or heard us tell this story (C and I tell it on a regular basis!), this is the reason for the title of my blog. It's all down to my mum and my sister....neither are actually admitting to it, so both are being blamed!!

So, my labour with Max was pretty easy - and damn quick! It even surprised me how quick it was. Let me tell you, if you ever get the chance, waterbirth is the go. I cannot stress how much that bath helped. For the whole half hour I got to use it anyway (I got to the hospital around 2pm, about 2.30pm they decided to start filling the bath for me - I got in it around 3pm, and Max was born at 3.26pm!!).

ANYWAY...onto my story. I had just given birth. Literally, just given birth. I hadn't even laid eyes on my baby yet, as I gave birth on my knees in the bath, so hadn't even turned around. I heard the midwife say something like "What do we have here?".....and then all I heard was a kinda groan like noise and someone piped up "Not another stinky boy!!!".

This may sound a little nastier than it really was. It was quite hilarious actually. My poor mother (who always said she didn't care how many boys she herself had, she only wanted one girl, and ended up with 1 boy, and 4 girls!!), was there to witness the birth of her 5 grandson. No granddaughters! She was sure I was having a girl, I think. As was my sister, and my husband. I think I was the only one not surprised to find that our baby was a boy!!

So, that was 10 weeks ago today. I have 2 beautiful boys, and am extremely lucky with Max being an excellent baby! Sam is a pretty darn good toddler too - he has his moments of course, like every 2.5 year old, but I really consider myself blessed. Pffffffft, to those that say, if you got a good baby first time, the 2nd one will be a nightmare. Both my babies have been awesome - quiet, relaxed, sleep well.

Of course, they are nowhere near being teenagers yet!!

So, that's it. That's the reason for the title of this blog. And who knows, maybe one day, there will be reason to change it. Maybe not!!

No comments: