Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!






What a lovely day I've had. Can I tell you how blessed I am?

I got a new lense for my camera a few weeks ago, and that was to be my present from Meggie and Clydey...but my darling husband surprised me this morning with a new tripod for my camera as well! I normally guess what Clydey is getting me for b'days and presents (it irritates the shit out him, he has no idea how I can guess every time) but this time I so wasn't expecting anything. He's such a sweetie. As I said, I'm blessed.

So, we dropped Sambo off to day care, then I got to hit Spotlight for half an hour (did you know you get 10% off on your birthday....me neither!!). Then home for a little while to pack up a picnic, then we met Sam's day care mum at the park, where we stayed and Ali and the other kids went home. A lovely picnic in the park with my boys, and Esther, Harper and Amos. The kids had a ball! Home for Sam to have a sleep (and Max to have a cat nap!!).

Tori and Ben came over tonight to do Shay's and my hair. We cooked tacos for dinner, cos it's my b'day and I got to choose!! Tori and Ben are so sweet...Sambo loved playing with them. He didn't want to go to bed, so was up a little later than usual - might mean a great big sleep in tomorrow!! As a b'day present, they didn't charge me for my hair cut - how nice is that? Timely too, cos I really couldn't afford the cut anyways! You heard me, I'm blessed.

As I was putting Sambo to bed tonight, I said to him "thanks for a lovely day, Sambo, I have had a wonderful birthday", and the little monkey goes "You're welcome, Mummy". He is just the sweetest kid in the world, I swear. Can I say it again? Yep, I'm blessed.

As a side note, I have forgotten to mention about Sam's little imaginary friend, Harper. We have little Harper (the imaginary one), and Big Harper (the real one). Little Harper helps him mow the lawn and do the whipper snippering. Little Harper was in the shower with us last night and I had to find a towel for her. Little Harper had to be picked up and put into bed beside him. Nobody ever tells you what hard work it can be for the Mummy of a son with an imaginary friend! I love it though, I love he has an imagination. I love that he sings and dances and loves to wear nail polish. I love that he can name any type of machinery and god help you if you mistakenly call a digger a mini loader!!

Ahhhhh...I love my life.

As promised, a photo of each of my boys, one of Harper, and a scrapbooking page I did while Sambo slept.

No comments: