Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dear God, shoot me now.

Operation Dummy Ditch has begun. Clydey and I talked about starting it this weekend as we are sick to death of getting up to put Max's dummy back in....but after spending the better part of an hour walking in to replace his dummy today....I've decided this is it. He's been screaming for almost an hour on and off. It's awful. I had to leave the room. He settles for a little while....then starts up again. And let me tell you.....he has a heartbreaking cry. Every time I walk in there, his poor little bottom lip is quivering and he keeps looking at me as if to say "what did I do to deserve this?". I am so tempted to just go and give him a dummy....but I can't keep this up. I'm too tired, and so is Clydey.

Ok, just been in and there is no consoling him so I guess I just have to leave him scream. God this is awful.

Ok, thinking of other things. Firstly, a very big congrats to Sal and Ant on the birth of little Amy. What a doll. Wish I was there to be able to take photos of her. Thinking of you guys.

Secondly, did my first paid shoot on the weekend. Really happy with how it went. Well, actually, I was shit scared and to me it shows in the first lot of photos, but then you can see that I relaxed into it and started doing the kind of photos that I do best. Will show some off once I've shown the family.

Have another shoot this weekend, and another the weekend after (hey, is that silence? Good boy Max. Oh no, started up again). So, looks like this photography business is all systems go! Really have to pull my finger out and register my business name.

Ahhhhhh...silence. And only approx 2 hours after it began. That poor kid. And poor me. And I have to get him up in half an hour to go pick up Sambo. Dear god. Maybe I can keep him up until bed time and he will be so worn out that he'll just crash.

Oh, here he goes again. Might just go get him up.

Ok, we are both here now. Me and my poor little exhausted, red eyed, runny nose boy.

So...back to my photography business. Things are looking good.

Ummmm....what else? Sambo is great - I took him to a Playschool concert on Monday. He hid in my lap. But he says he enjoyed it!!! Max had his 4 months needles last week. Screamed the place down, but settled fine afterwards.

Ok, highs for this week: ummmmmmm....will get back to you on that one! I guess how well my very first paid photography gig went.

Lows for this week: too many - the interrupted sleep with Max (he was WAY better as a newborn!), Sam's day care mum letting us know she's leaving around August, Operation Dummy Ditch (or more specifically the last 2 hours.).

Ok, must be off to make sure my boy still loves me.

No comments: