Friday, May 11, 2007

Oh man I suck!






man, it's over a week since I posted last. Slack, slack, slack!

So, what have we been up to? Well, last Friday we went up to the Sunshine Coast to housesit Esther's parents house. Wow.....it was awesome! The place is set up for kids, cos Esther is always there with Harper, so there were toys and it's all pretty much child proof. We spent a lot of time with Phil and Shamus as they live just around the corner from there. We spent some time on the beach, some time relaxing, some time with friends....lovely! Took some photos of Phil and Finn...but unfortunately I downloaded them to her computer and we couldn't burn them onto a cd to bring home, so Phil has been left to edit them herself!! Ah well...lucky I taught her all my tricks of Photoshop while we were there!! Phil and I (and all the boys and dogs!) drove up to Marcus Beach (half an hour away, up near Coolum) to take photos of Esther and her family. 17 odd people....boy oh boy, it wasn't easy...but I really enjoyed it and we got some awesome photos! Some of the ones I've edited (took over 350 of them), so I'll post the best of what I have so far!

So, back here on Monday and it seems the week has absolutely flown by. Tues I did some cleaning while sam was at daycare. Wed I had Harper for the morning while Esther did some stuff, then Esther and Amos came and spent the rest of the day here.

Yesterday we went to Australia Zoo with Esther and her family. I nearly didn't go...but was tired and figured if I stayed at home I would just get really cranky all day....so off we went! I'm so glad I did, as it was an awesome day. For once I didn't take my camera...figured with both boys I would be carting enough stuff around! I just enjoyed the day without being concerned about good photo opportunities! Sam loved it...he patted a koala on the way in, fed animals in the petting zoo, loved feeding the kangaroos (well, one special one that god his whole bag of food - "He's still hungry, Mummy"!!), and patted another koala. I was so proud of him...normally he wouldn't be brave enough to do that....but when he asked to pat and feed the tiger...I unfortunately had to say no!! He also patted a wombat on the way out. It was a very tiring day...but oh, so worth it!

Today, Ali picked up Sam for day care, then Esther dropped Harper off for a little while to get some stuff done. After they left I picked Sam up early as Nat wanted to spend some time with him. We ended up going to the shops, then came home and while they made a cake for me for mothers day, I sat at the computer and just did nothing! Nat has also made dinner for us.

So, that's our week all up. Busy, busy, busy. Haven't taken any photos of the boys for a while as I have been so busy editing these ones for Esther, that I haven't had time for anything else.

Ok, hopefully will be back before the week is out!!

No comments: